BISS Strategic Plan
Last update: Aug 1, 2015
Summary of Strategic Themes and Result Statements:
1. Attracting BISS Learners
- attract more students into BISS in order to support the mission and vision of school and further student learning
- reduce student attrition at BISS in order to support the mission and vision of school and further student learning
- capitalise on the strengths of the school to continue to provide high quality student learning.
2. The BISS Learning Experience
- explore ways to continually develop our reputable ESOL programme in order to empower all our students to attain personal excellence (social/emotional, academic, extracurricular)
- hire and retain excellent staff in order to provide optimum learning experiences in alignment with the IB
- clarify, develop and implement data collection systems to inform teaching practice
- review health and maintenance procedures at BISS to ensure a safe learning environment for all community members, keenly focused on personal and community well-being
- seek out authentic professional learning opportunities for teachers in order to provide enhanced learning outcomes for students.
3. BISS - A Community of Learners
- ensure that the mission and values of the school are embedded and recognised across all year levels
- create opportunities for all parents to be involved in supporting the learning and welfare of their children
- empower students to gain the skills to live a ‘balanced life’.
4. The BISS Learning Environment
- strengthen student access to facilities in order to ensure full access to the curriculum
- ensure that all students have timely access to learning resources to ensure a productive learning experience.
BISS: Today’s Educational Leader, Shaping Tomorrow’s Global Leaders!